Sunday 9 March 2014

My hell....gardening stage 1

Have you ever lived in a house where the garden was almost entirely made of pot plants? Like literal pot plants just sitting in the garden? Me either, until we moved here.

I am the first to say it, I HATE gardening. I am useless, I have no idea what I'm doing and I enjoy whinging about gardening far more than I enjoy spending a ton of money on plants and getting dirty. However our garden clearly needed some attention. We have a fairly large backyard but no back fence or front fence. The week we moved in, we found a lovely fencing man to construct a new fence for our dogs (Ian Parbery Fencing on the Gold Coast if anyone needs a recommendation) which was perfect.

However we still have a weird crackerdust filled area at the bottom of the driveway that we thought would be easy to dig out and plant. Yeah I know what you're thinking, Jess you sweet, over-positive moron.




So it turns out our house is built on giant boulders. Boulders that weigh a ton and needed 4 trailer loads to the tip to clear enough to put down some soil. I can't even look at this without having sore hamstrings.


HUGE thanks to my MIL & her partner for coming to help us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment